Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Wk #4 Reflection

I found this weeks information on Assisted Technology to be very interesting. I work with Emotional Support students, so I am familiar with Special Education lingo, but my students are high functioning students in regards to motor skills. There are some students in our school that benefit from some of these technologies - or could greatly benefit from more options in regards to assisted technologies to enhance their learning process.

I also found the Desktop Publishing Assignment to be challenging but rewarding. It feels good to be able to put time and effort into an assignment that I was not very confident in my ability to complete and then be able to complete all parts of the assignment. I enjoy working on my computer to develop items that will be useful in the classroom but have not had the opportunity to create items like newsletters or brochures up until this assignment. Now that I am more familiar with the process I will likely use this in assignment I give my future students - giving them the opportunity to utilize technology in an assignment to demonstrate the information they have learned.

No comments:

Post a Comment